I saw this salad and thought we should have a metabolic balance version. Yummy!
- 1 Serving of mushrooms (not protein variety if you are going to be using a cheese), chopped italian leaf parsley, celery shaved paper.
- 1 serving of hard cheese if this is on your plan and you are not using shiitake which are considered a protein (You can’t have two proteins in your meal).
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon juice (If you want this to count as your fruit for the meal otherwise leave out the lemon juice)
- Olive Oil
- Saute the mushrooms in a skillet with a bit water or oil (depending on your metabolic balance phase) until they are cooked. Season with salt and pepper and then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil and lemon juice and add a bit of salt and pepper. After the mushrooms have cooled, add them to the bowl along with the celery and parsley and mix. If you are using cheese, add the cheese and toss.
Serve your salad with a piece of Rye Bread.